The Star Wars franchise has been entertaining fans for over four decades now. With so many movies, TV shows, and spin-offs, it can be challenging to keep track of the release order and chronological timeline.
One common question that often arises among fans is, “Which Star Wars movie is the newest?” Let’s dive into the answer.
The release order of the Star Wars movies is as follows:
- Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope – released in 1977
- Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back – released in 1980
- Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi – released in 1983
- Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace – released in 1999
- Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones – released in 2002
- Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith – released in 2005
- Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens – released in 2015
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story – released in 2016
Star Wars Episode VIII:
The Last Jedi – released in 2017
- Solo: A Star Wars Story – released in 2018
The Rise of Skywalker was the last film to be added to both trilogies and it was released on December 20th, 2019.
If we consider the chronological timeline of the Star Wars universe, then the newest movie is The Rise of Skywalker. It is the final installment in the sequel trilogy and serves as a conclusion to the Skywalker Saga.
Whether you prefer to watch Star Wars movies in release order or chronological order, it’s important to know which one is the newest. With this article, we hope we have cleared up any confusion and helped you decide which movie to watch next. So grab some popcorn, sit back, and enjoy the newest installment in this epic space saga!