If you’re in the market for a video doorbell, Ring is likely one of your top options. But with multiple models available, which one has the best video quality? In this article, we’ll take a closer look at each model to determine which Ring doorbell has the best video quality.
Ring Video Doorbell
The original Ring Video Doorbell boasts 720p HD video quality. While this may not be as high as some of the newer models, it still provides clear video footage. The doorbell also features night vision and two-way talk capabilities.
- Relatively affordable compared to newer models
- 720p HD video quality
- Night vision and two-way talk capabilities
- Lower video quality compared to newer models
- No advanced motion detection features
Ring Video Doorbell 2
The Ring Video Doorbell 2 offers 1080p HD video quality, an improvement from its predecessor. It also has customizable motion detection zones and a removable rechargeable battery.
- 1080p HD video quality
- Customizable motion detection zones
- Removable rechargeable battery
- Slightly more expensive than the original Ring Video Doorbell
- Battery life may not last long if constantly recording or streaming live footage
Ring Video Doorbell Pro
The Ring Video Doorbell Pro is designed for those who are willing to pay for premium features. It offers 1080p HD video quality, advanced motion detection with customizable motion zones, and the ability to hardwire the doorbell for continuous power.
- 1080p HD video quality
- Advanced motion detection with customizable motion zones
- Ability to hardwire for continuous power
- Significantly more expensive than other models
- Requires hardwiring, which may be difficult for some users
Ring Video Doorbell Elite
The Ring Video Doorbell Elite is designed for professional installation and offers the highest video quality of any Ring doorbell. It boasts 1080p HD video quality and advanced motion detection with custom motion zones. Additionally, it can be powered through ethernet for a more reliable connection.
- Highest video quality of any Ring doorbell
- Advanced motion detection with custom motion zones
- Ethernet powered for a more reliable connection
- The most expensive option of all Ring doorbells
- Requires professional installation, adding additional cost to the device itself.
After reviewing each model in detail, it’s clear that the Ring Video Doorbell Elite has the best video quality. However, it comes at a significant cost and requires professional installation.
If you’re willing to pay extra for the best possible video quality and have the budget for installation, then this is definitely worth considering. However, if budget is a concern but you still want good video quality then the Ring Video Doorbell 2 is your best bet.