If you’re a fan of the horror genre, then you’re probably always on the lookout for a good scary movie to watch. With so many options out there, it can be tough to know where to start. Fear not, though – in this article, we’ll be taking a look at some of the best scary movies out now that are sure to send shivers down your spine.
The Conjuring: The Devil Made Me Do It
One of the most highly anticipated horror releases of 2021 is “The Conjuring: The Devil Made Me Do It.” This movie is the third installment in “The Conjuring” franchise and is based on the real-life case of Arne Cheyenne Johnson, who claimed that he was possessed when he committed murder. The film follows paranormal investigators Ed and Lorraine Warren as they try to help prove Arne’s innocence while also dealing with the malevolent forces at work.
- Strong performances from Vera Farmiga and Patrick Wilson as Ed and Lorraine Warren
- Clever use of jump scares that will keep you on edge throughout
- An interesting story inspired by real-life events
- Some viewers may find it too intense or disturbing
- The plot can feel a bit convoluted at times
- Not as scary as previous entries in “The Conjuring” series
A Quiet Place Part II
If you’re looking for something a little different than your typical horror movie, then “A Quiet Place Part II” might be just what you need. This sequel picks up where the first film left off, with the Abbott family trying to survive in a world overrun by creatures that hunt by sound. This time around, they venture out of their home and discover that there are other survivors out there – but not all of them can be trusted.
- Great performances from Emily Blunt and the rest of the cast
- Tense, suspenseful sequences that will keep you on the edge of your seat
- Expands on the world-building of the first film in interesting ways
- If you didn’t enjoy the first film, this one likely won’t change your mind
- The pacing can feel a bit slow at times
- Some plot points may feel a bit contrived or convenient
For those who want something truly off-the-wall, “Malignant” might be just what you’re looking for. This movie comes from horror master James Wan and tells the story of Madison, a woman who starts having terrifying visions that seem to be linked to a mysterious entity from her past. As she investigates further, she realizes that things are not as they seem – and that her own life may be in danger.
- A unique and creative storyline that keeps you guessing until the end
- Some truly creepy visuals and jump scares that will stick with you long after the movie is over
- The performances are solid across the board, especially Annabelle Wallis as Madison
- The plot can be a bit convoluted at times, with some twists feeling forced or unnecessary
- Some viewers might find the gore and violence to be excessive
- The tone can be a bit inconsistent, with some scenes feeling more like a comedy than a horror movie
These are just a few of the best scary movies out now that you can sink your teeth into. Whether you’re looking for something intense and terrifying or something more offbeat and unique, there’s something out there for you. So grab some popcorn, turn out the lights, and get ready to be scared!