Are you in the mood for a spine-tingling, hair-raising, and heart-pounding experience? If so, then watching a scary movie might be just what you need!
But with so many horror movies out there, it can be overwhelming to decide which one to watch first. In this article, we’ll give you some suggestions for a good first scary movie to watch.
Why Watch Scary Movies?
Before we dive into our recommendations, let’s talk about why people enjoy watching scary movies in the first place. For some, it’s the thrill of being scared that provides excitement.
Others enjoy the adrenaline rush that comes with jump scares and suspenseful moments. And for some, it’s simply a way to escape from reality and immerse themselves in a fictional world.
What Makes a Good First Scary Movie?
When it comes to choosing your first scary movie, there are a few things to keep in mind. First and foremost, you want something that’s not too intense or gory.
You don’t want to scare yourself so much that you never want to watch another horror movie again! Instead, look for something that has a good balance of suspense and scares.
Another thing to consider is the type of horror movie you want to watch. Do you prefer supernatural horror or slasher films?
Are you more interested in psychological horror or creature features? Knowing what type of horror you’re interested in can help narrow down your choices.
With those things in mind, here are some recommendations for a good first scary movie:
- The Conjuring (2013) – This supernatural horror movie follows paranormal investigators as they try to help a family who is being haunted by an evil entity.
- The Babadook (2014) – This psychological horror movie explores the relationship between a mother and son as they deal with a mysterious creature that enters their lives.
- Scream (1996) – This slasher film is a classic of the genre and follows a group of teenagers who are being stalked by a masked killer.
- The Descent (2005) – This creature feature follows a group of women as they explore an underground cave system and encounter terrifying creatures.
- A Quiet Place (2018) – This post-apocalyptic horror movie follows a family who must remain silent in order to avoid being hunted by deadly creatures.
Watching your first scary movie can be a fun and exciting experience, but it’s important to choose wisely. By selecting something that’s not too intense or gory, you can ease yourself into the horror genre without feeling overwhelmed.
Hopefully, our recommendations have given you some ideas for where to start. Happy watching!