Are you curious about the video quality of Peacock? If so, you’re in the right place. In this article, we’ll take a deep dive into what video quality is available on Peacock.
What is Peacock?
Before we get into the details of video quality, let’s first define what Peacock is. Peacock is a streaming service launched by NBCUniversal in July 2020. It offers both free and premium subscriptions with access to a wide range of TV shows, movies, and original content.
Video Quality on Peacock
Peacock offers several different video qualities depending on the device and subscription level. Here’s a breakdown of what you can expect:
If you’re using the free version of Peacock, you can expect to watch content in standard definition (SD). This means that the resolution will be 480p or lower. While SD isn’t as sharp as higher resolutions, it can still offer an enjoyable viewing experience.
If you opt for the premium subscription, you’ll have access to higher quality video streams. Here are the different options available:
- HD: With a premium subscription, you’ll be able to watch content in high definition (HD) on select devices. This means that the resolution will be 720p or 1080p depending on the device.
- 4K: For those who have a compatible device and plan, Peacock also offers select titles in 4K Ultra HD resolution. This provides an incredibly sharp and detailed viewing experience.
It’s important to note that not all devices support all of these video qualities. Here’s a breakdown of what each device can support:
- Web Browser: Peacock’s web browser supports SD, HD, and 4K (on select titles).
- iOS/Android: Peacock’s mobile app supports SD and HD.
- Smart TVs: Most smart TVs support SD and HD, but 4K is only available on select models.
- Roku: Roku devices support SD and HD, but 4K is not currently available.
- Xbox/PlayStation: These gaming consoles support SD, HD, and 4K (on select titles).
In summary, Peacock offers a range of video qualities depending on your subscription level and device. While the free version only offers standard definition video streams, the premium subscription provides access to higher quality options such as HD and even 4K Ultra HD. It’s important to ensure that your device is compatible with the video quality you want to watch so that you can enjoy the best possible viewing experience.