Video editing is an essential task for many people, whether it’s for personal use or professional work. With the advancements in technology, video editing has become more accessible than ever before.
There are many free video editing apps available on PC, but which one is the best? Let’s take a look at some of the top options.
OpenShot is a powerful and feature-rich video editor that is available for free on PC. It offers a simple and intuitive interface that makes it easy to use, even for beginners.
With OpenShot, you can add multiple layers to your videos and adjust them individually. You can also add transitions between clips and apply various effects to your videos.
- Free and open-source
- Easy to use interface
- Supports multiple layers
- Offers various effects and transitions
- May be slower than other video editors
- Limited audio editing capabilities
2. DaVinci Resolve
DaVinci Resolve is a professional-grade video editor that offers a free version with limited features. It is widely used in the film industry and offers exceptional color grading capabilities. With DaVinci Resolve, you can edit videos in up to 8K resolution.
- Professional-grade editor with advanced features
- Exceptional color grading capabilities
- Supports up to 8K resolution videos
- Cross-platform compatibility with Windows, Mac, and Linux
- May be overwhelming for beginners
- Free version has limited features
Shotcut is a free and open-source video editor that offers a wide range of features. It supports a wide range of video and audio formats, making it easy to work with different types of media. With Shotcut, you can add filters and effects to your videos, as well as adjust the audio levels.
- Free and open-source
- Supports many video and audio formats
- Offers various filters and effects
- User-friendly interface
- May crash or freeze when working with large files
- No motion graphics or animation capabilities
4. VSDC Free Video Editor
VSDC Free Video Editor is a popular choice for many people due to its user-friendly interface and powerful features. It offers advanced editing capabilities such as masking, blending modes, and chroma keying. With VSDC, you can also create motion graphics and animations.
- User-friendly interface with advanced features
- Supports various video formats including 4K resolution videos
- Create motion graphics and animations in addition to editing videos/li>
- No watermarks or time limits on exports in the free version/li>
- The free version has limited functionality compared to the pro version.
All of the video editors mentioned above have their strengths and weaknesses. OpenShot is a great option for beginners due to its simple interface, while DaVinci Resolve offers professional-grade features for advanced users. Shotcut is best for people who need to work with many different file types, and VSDC Free Video Editor is a great all-around choice that has both basic and advanced features.
Ultimately, the best free video editing app for PC will depend on your specific needs and preferences. It’s important to try out a few different options before deciding which one works best for you.