Video editing is a task that requires precision, attention to detail, and a good eye for color correction. Whether you’re a professional video editor or a beginner trying to learn the ropes, having the right monitor is crucial.
However, not everyone has thousands of dollars to spend on monitors. In this article, we’ll be looking at some of the best budget monitors for video editing.
What to Look for in a Budget Monitor for Video Editing
Before we dive into the best budget monitors for video editing, it’s important to know what features and specifications are important.
- Color Accuracy: A good monitor should have accurate colors. This is especially important for video editors who need to see true-to-life colors in their work.
- Resolution: The resolution of a monitor determines how sharp and clear the images are.
A higher resolution means more pixels and better image quality.
- Screen Size: The screen size of a monitor is also important. A larger screen size means more real estate for your work.
- Brightness: The brightness of a monitor can affect how colors are perceived. A monitor with adjustable brightness can be useful in different lighting environments.
- Connectivity: Make sure the monitor has all the necessary ports you need such as HDMI or DisplayPort.
The Best Budget Monitors for Video Editing
1. Dell Ultrasharp U2415
The Dell Ultrasharp U2415 offers excellent color accuracy and comes factory calibrated out of the box. It has a resolution of 1920×1200 which is perfect for video editing tasks and has a screen size of 24 inches which provides ample space for your work. The monitor also has an adjustable stand, making it easy to set up in any workspace.
2. Asus ProArt PA248Q
The Asus ProArt PA248Q is another excellent budget monitor for video editing. It boasts a resolution of 1920×1200 and has a screen size of 24 inches. The monitor offers excellent color accuracy and comes with features like Picture-in-Picture and Picture-by-Picture which allow you to display multiple sources on the same screen.
3. BenQ PD2700U
The BenQ PD2700U is a 27-inch monitor that offers stunning 4K resolution (3840×2160). It has excellent color accuracy and comes with features like HDR support, which can make your videos look even better.
Video editing requires a good eye for detail and having the right monitor can make all the difference. While budget monitors may not have all the bells and whistles of their more expensive counterparts, they can still offer excellent color accuracy, resolution, and connectivity options. The Dell Ultrasharp U2415, Asus ProArt PA248Q, and BenQ PD2700U are some of the best budget monitors for video editing that offer great value without breaking the bank.