Scary Movie 4 is a horror-comedy film that was released in 2006. Directed by David Zucker, the movie parodies several popular horror films and pop culture references.
It stars Anna Faris, Regina Hall, Craig Bierko, and Leslie Nielsen. The movie has its fair share of thrills, chills, and laughs that will keep you on the edge of your seat. In this article, we’ll take a closer look at what happened in Scary Movie 4.
The movie starts with a parody of the horror film Saw. Cindy Campbell (Anna Faris) wakes up in a room with three other people.
They are all chained to the walls and have no idea how they got there. The villainous Jigsaw appears on a TV screen and threatens to kill them if they don’t follow his twisted instructions.
Next up is a spoof of War of the Worlds. Tom Ryan (Craig Bierko), a divorced father of two kids, discovers that aliens have invaded Earth. He teams up with Cindy to try to save his children and stop the alien invasion.
Scary Movie 4 is filled with parodies of popular movies and TV shows. Here are some of the notable ones:
The opening scene parodies the first Saw movie, complete with Jigsaw’s creepy puppet appearing on a tricycle.
- Cindy wakes up in a bathroom with three strangers
- They all have to solve puzzles to escape
- Jigsaw appears on TV screens throughout the room
- One character has to cut off his own foot to escape
War of the Worlds
Tom Ryan’s storyline borrows heavily from Steven Spielberg’s War of the Worlds adaptation:
- Alien tripods emerge from the ground
- The aliens harvest humans for their blood
- Tom’s daughter is kidnapped by the aliens
There’s a brief parody of M. Night Shyamalan’s The Village, where Cindy and Tom stumble upon a hidden community that turns out to be a group of Amish people.
Scary Movie 4 is a comedy first and foremost, so there are plenty of jokes and gags throughout the movie. Here are some of the highlights:
Scary Movie 4 features plenty of slapstick humor, including:
- Cindy getting hit in the face with a shovel
- Tom getting hit by a car multiple times
- A character getting his hand stuck in a jar of peanut butter
The Scary Movie franchise is known for its celebrity cameos, and this movie is no exception. Some of the notable appearances include:
- Shaquille O’Neal as himself, trying to save the world from aliens
- Dr. Phil as himself, dispensing advice to Tom and Cindy
- Leslie Nielsen as the President of the United States, who can’t stop accidentally hurting himself or others.
Scary Movie 4 may not be for everyone, but if you’re a fan of horror movies and pop culture parodies, it’s definitely worth checking out. The humor can be hit or miss at times, but there are enough laughs to keep you entertained throughout. Overall, Scary Movie 4 is a fun ride that doesn’t take itself too seriously.