If you are looking for a reliable and convenient video storage solution for your myQ-enabled cameras, then you might have come across the note that says “Pricing is on a per-camera basis” when checking out the subscription plans. This means that the cost of a myQ Video Storage Subscription may vary depending on how many cameras you have and how long you want to keep your video recordings.
Understanding the Pricing Model
To make it easier for you to understand how the pricing works, let’s take a closer look at the available subscription plans and their respective features. As of writing, myQ offers two main plans: Basic and Premium.
- Basic Plan: This plan is free and comes with 24 hours of video storage. You can save up to 1,000 videos or clips during this period.
However, note that this plan only supports one camera.
- Premium Plan: This plan is available for $1.99/month or $19.99/year per camera. It includes 7 days of video storage with unlimited clips and supports up to five cameras.
Keep in mind: If you have more than five cameras, you will need to purchase additional subscriptions accordingly.
Factors That Affect the Cost
When deciding which subscription plan to choose, there are several factors that can affect the cost:
- The number of cameras you have – The more cameras you have, the higher the cost will be.
- The length of time you want to store your videos – If you want to keep your videos for longer than 24 hours (which is only available in the Premium Plan), then you will need to subscribe to this plan.
- Your budget – If you are on a tight budget or only have one camera, then the Basic Plan may be sufficient for your needs.
How to Subscribe
To subscribe to a myQ Video Storage Plan, simply follow these steps:
- Open the myQ app on your phone or tablet.
- Select the camera you want to subscribe to.
- Tap on the “Video Storage” option.
- Choose either the Basic or Premium plan, depending on your needs and budget.
- Enter your payment information and confirm your subscription.
In conclusion, the cost of a myQ Video Storage Subscription depends on several factors such as the number of cameras you have, how long you want to store your videos, and your budget. If you only have one camera and don’t need to keep your videos for longer than 24 hours, then the Basic Plan may be sufficient for you.
However, if you have multiple cameras or need more video storage time, then subscribing to the Premium Plan is recommended. Regardless of which plan you choose, having a reliable video storage solution can give you peace of mind knowing that you can always access and review your footage whenever needed.