Are you confused about the difference between a movie and a series with the same title? Let’s take a closer look at the popular example of “To My Star.”
What is “To My Star”?
“To My Star” is a popular BL (Boys’ Love) storyline that has gained popularity in recent years. The story follows two male lead characters who gradually fall in love with each other.
The Movie Version of “To My Star”
The movie version of “To My Star” was released in 2021. It has a runtime of approximately 105 minutes and tells the complete story from beginning to end. The movie covers all aspects of the story, including character development, plot, and resolution.
- The movie version gives full coverage to the story.
- The viewers don’t have to wait for another season to see how the story ends
- The runtime may feel short for viewers who want more screen time for their favorite characters.
- Sometimes, part of the original storyline has to be cut out due to time constraints.
The Series Version of “To My Star”
The series version of “To My Star” is an ongoing drama that started airing in January 2021. As opposed to a feature film, it is divided into several episodes that are approximately 20-30 minutes long each.
- The viewers can enjoy watching their favorite characters for extended periods.
- The show can expand upon character development and plot points that may have been overlooked in a feature film version.
- The storyline may not feel as complete as the movie version, since it is an ongoing series.
- The viewers have to wait for each episode to be released to see how the story progresses.
Whether you prefer the movie or series version of “To My Star” ultimately depends on your personal preference. If you want a complete story in one sitting, the movie version may be more suitable for you.
However, if you enjoy watching your favorite characters develop over time, then the series version may be a better fit. Regardless of which version you choose, “To My Star” is an excellent example of a BL storyline done right.