Is the Darkest Minds Movie Scary?

If you’re a fan of dystopian movies, you might have heard of the latest adaptation, The Darkest Minds movie. Based on the novel by Alexandra Bracken, the movie follows the story of Ruby Daly (played by Amandla Stenberg), a teenager with mysterious powers trying to survive in a world where children are considered a threat. But the question arises – is The Darkest Minds movie scary?

The Plot:
The movie takes place in a post-apocalyptic world where 98% of America’s children died due to an unknown disease. The remaining 2% develop mysterious powers and are sent to internment camps by the government. Ruby Daly is one such child who escapes from her camp and joins forces with other kids on the run.

The Tone:
While The Darkest Minds movie has some dark themes, it isn’t necessarily “scary” in the traditional sense. It’s more of an action-adventure with supernatural elements than a horror movie. However, it does have some intense moments that might be too much for younger viewers.

The Violence:
The Darkest Minds movie does feature some violence, including gunfights and hand-to-hand combat scenes. While they aren’t overly graphic or gory, they can be intense at times. Additionally, there are some scenes involving characters being restrained and drugged which could be unsettling for some viewers.

The Ratings:
The Darkest Minds movie is rated PG-13 for violence including disturbing images, and thematic elements. This means that while it might not be suitable for young children, teenagers should be able to handle it.

Conclusion

So is The Darkest Minds movie scary? While it does have some intense moments and violent scenes, it’s not necessarily a horror film.

Fans of dystopian movies will appreciate its action-packed storyline and supernatural elements. However, parents should be cautious about younger viewers as it is rated PG-13. Overall, The Darkest Minds movie is an engaging and thrilling ride that’s definitely worth a watch.

  • Pros: Action-packed storyline, great performances, and visually stunning effects.
  • Cons: Some intense moments might be too much for younger viewers.

Rating: 7/10

So if you’re in the mood for a thrilling dystopian adventure with supernatural elements, The Darkest Minds movie is definitely worth checking out. Just make sure to keep in mind its rating before bringing younger viewers along for the ride.