Divergent is a 2014 science-fiction action movie that has gained a lot of attention since it was released. The film is based on the first book in Veronica Roth’s Divergent trilogy, which takes place in a future where society is divided into five factions based on personality traits. As the story unfolds, we follow the journey of the protagonist, Tris Prior, as she navigates this new world.
One question that many people may ask before watching the movie is whether or not it is scary. Let’s take a closer look and see.
What Makes a Movie Scary?
Before we can determine whether or not Divergent is scary, we need to define what makes a movie scary in the first place. Some common elements that make movies scary include:
- Gore and violence
- Suspenseful music and sound effects
- Dark or eerie settings
- Monsters or supernatural creatures
Divergent: A Science-Fiction Action Movie
Divergent falls under the genre of science-fiction action, which means that while it may have some tense moments, it isn’t necessarily meant to be scary. The focus of the movie is on action and adventure rather than horror.
That being said, there are some scenes in the movie that could be considered frightening to some viewers. For example:
- The Choosing Ceremony – This scene involves characters choosing which faction they will belong to for the rest of their lives. It can be intense as characters are forced to make life-altering decisions.
- The Fear Landscape – In this scene, Tris must face her deepest fears in a simulated environment. Some of these fears may be unsettling for viewers.
- The Attack on Abnegation – This scene involves violence and may be intense for some viewers.
In conclusion, while Divergent may have some tense moments, it is not a scary movie in the traditional sense. It falls under the genre of science-fiction action and focuses on adventure rather than horror. However, some scenes may be unsettling for certain viewers.
If you’re a fan of action movies with a sci-fi twist, then Divergent might be right up your alley. Just don’t expect to be scared out of your wits!