Are you wondering if the Brave movie is too scary for you or your children? Look no further – we’ve got the answers!
What is Brave?
Brave is a 2012 American animated movie produced by Pixar Animation Studios. It tells the story of a Scottish princess named Merida who defies tradition and challenges her fate to change her destiny. Along the way, she faces many obstacles and learns important lessons about bravery, family, and love.
Is Brave a scary movie?
While Brave has some intense moments, it is not considered a scary movie. The film has a PG rating for “some scary action and rude humor,” but most viewers would agree that it is suitable for children ages 7 and up.
Scary scenes in Brave
There are a few scenes in Brave that may be considered frightening for younger or more sensitive viewers. Here are some examples:
- When Merida discovers a mysterious circle of stones in the forest
- When Merida encounters a giant bear that attacks her family
- When Merida’s mother turns into a bear herself after eating enchanted cake
Cultural elements in Brave
Aside from its entertainment value, Brave also showcases Scottish culture and folklore. The film features traditional Scottish music, clothing, and architecture, as well as mythical creatures like witches and will-o’-the-wisps. This adds an educational element to the movie beyond its storyline.
Tips for watching Brave with kids
If you’re planning to watch Brave with your children, here are some tips to make the experience more enjoyable:
- Prepare your child ahead of time by explaining what the movie is about and what they can expect to see.
- Watch the movie together and be ready to comfort your child during any scary scenes.
- Take breaks during the movie if needed, or pause the movie to talk about what’s happening on screen.
The verdict: Is Brave too scary?
Overall, Brave is a family-friendly movie that is not too scary for most viewers. While it does have some intense moments, it also has important lessons about courage, family, and self-discovery. So gather your loved ones and prepare for a magical adventure through the Scottish Highlands!