Beyond the Trek, released in 2017, is a science fiction movie that has been the subject of debate among Star Trek fans. While some argue that it is a Star Trek movie, others disagree. In this article, we will explore the various elements of Beyond the Trek and determine whether it can be classified as a Star Trek movie.
What is Beyond the Trek?
Beyond the Trek, also known as Teleios, is a science fiction movie set in the future. It follows a group of scientists on board a spaceship called Teleios as they embark on a mission to save humanity. The ship’s crew includes genetically modified humans who are supposed to be perfect in every way.
Is Beyond the Trek a Star Trek Movie?
The answer to this question is not straightforward. While Beyond the Trek has many similarities with Star Trek movies and TV shows, it cannot be classified as an official entry in the Star Trek franchise.
Similarities with Star Trek
Beyond the Trek has several similarities with Star Trek movies and TV shows. For example:
- The movie is set in space and features spaceships
- The crew of Teleios is made up of scientists and engineers
- The crew encounters alien life forms during their mission
- The movie deals with themes such as genetic modification and human evolution
These similarities are common in many science fiction movies and TV shows, including Star Trek. However, they alone are not enough to classify Beyond the Trek as a Star Trek movie.
Differences from Star Trek
While Beyond the Trek shares some similarities with Star Trek, there are several differences that set it apart from official entries in the franchise:
- Beyond the Trek was not produced by Paramount Pictures or CBS, the companies that own the Star Trek franchise
- The movie does not feature any characters or storylines from previous Star Trek movies or TV shows
- The movie does not have the same tone as Star Trek. It is darker and more violent than most entries in the franchise
These differences are significant enough to make Beyond the Trek a separate entity from Star Trek.
In conclusion, while Beyond the Trek has many similarities with Star Trek movies and TV shows, it cannot be classified as an official entry in the franchise. The movie was produced independently and does not feature any characters or storylines from previous entries in the franchise. While it may appeal to fans of science fiction and Star Trek, it is a separate entity that should be judged on its own merits.