If you’re a gamer who wants to share their gameplay with others, you might be wondering how to use the video camera on your PS4. Thankfully, it’s a relatively straightforward process.
What You’ll Need
Before we get started, let’s go over what you’ll need to use your video camera on PS4:
- A PlayStation 4 console
- A video camera compatible with the PS4 (such as the PlayStation Camera)
- An HDMI cable
- A TV or monitor
Setting Up Your Video Camera on PS4
Once you have all of the necessary components, follow these steps to set up your video camera on PS4:
- Connect the HDMI cable from your PS4 to your TV or monitor.
- Connect your video camera to one of the available USB ports on your PS4.
- Turn on your TV or monitor and select the correct input source.
- Turn on your PS4 and navigate to “Settings” in the main menu.
- Select “Devices” and then “PlayStation Camera.”
- Follow the prompts to calibrate your camera. This will involve adjusting its position and making sure it can see you clearly.
Using Your Video Camera on PS4
Now that your video camera is set up, you can start using it for various purposes:
- Broadcasting: If you want to stream your gameplay live, go to “Broadcast Settings” in the main menu and select “Twitch” or “YouTube.” Follow the prompts to link your account and start broadcasting. Your video camera will capture footage of you as well as your gameplay.
- Video Calls: If you want to video chat with friends or family, go to “Messages” in the main menu and select the person you want to chat with. Select “Start Chat” and your video camera will activate.
- Voice Commands: Some PS4 games support voice commands, which can be activated using your video camera. For example, in “Just Dance 2018,” you can use your voice to start and stop the game, select songs, and more.
Tips for Using Your Video Camera on PS4
Here are some tips to help you get the most out of your video camera on PS4:
- Make sure your lighting is good: Your video camera will capture better footage if there’s adequate lighting in the room.
- Position your camera correctly: Make sure your camera is at a good angle and can see you clearly. You don’t want it pointing too high or too low.
- Keep your background in mind: If you’re broadcasting or video chatting, make sure your background isn’t too distracting. A plain wall or a room with minimal clutter is usually best.
Using a video camera on PS4 is a great way to enhance your gaming experience and share it with others. With these simple steps and tips, you’ll be up and running in no time!