If you’re an avid WhatsApp user, you may have noticed that videos sent through the app tend to lose quality. This can be frustrating, especially if the video was initially of high quality. However, there are a few things you can do to prevent this from happening.
1. Compress the video before sending it: One of the main reasons why videos lose quality on WhatsApp is due to compression. WhatsApp automatically compresses videos before sending them to reduce their file size.
However, this compression also reduces the video’s quality. To avoid this, you can compress the video yourself before sending it. There are many free online tools available that allow you to compress videos without losing too much quality.
2. Use WhatsApp’s document sharing feature: Instead of directly sending a video through WhatsApp, you can use its document sharing feature.
This allows you to send a file as a document rather than as a media file. When you send a video as a document, WhatsApp doesn’t compress it, allowing the receiver to download and watch it in its original quality.
3. Use Google Drive or Dropbox: If you want to share high-quality videos with your contacts on WhatsApp, using cloud storage services like Google Drive or Dropbox is a good option. Simply upload the video on any of these platforms and share the link with your contacts through WhatsApp.
4. Avoid sending videos during peak hours: Sending videos during peak hours when there is heavy internet traffic can result in reduced video quality due to slow network speeds. Try sending videos during off-peak hours when internet traffic is low for better results.
Tips for maintaining video quality on WhatsApp
- Avoid zooming in or out while recording a video as this can result in reduced quality.
- Ensure that your phone’s camera settings are set to the highest resolution possible.
- Record videos in well-lit environments as this can improve their quality.
- Avoid recording videos with a shaky hand as this can result in blurry footage.
Losing video quality on WhatsApp can be frustrating, but there are several ways to prevent it. Compressing the video before sending it, using WhatsApp’s document sharing feature, using cloud storage platforms like Google Drive or Dropbox, and avoiding sending videos during peak hours are some of the ways to avoid losing video quality. Additionally, following the tips mentioned above can help you maintain high-quality videos on WhatsApp.