Are you tired of your video files taking up too much space on your hard drive? Do you need to reduce the size of your videos to share them online or via email?
If you use Windows, there are several ways to reduce video quality without sacrificing too much in terms of visual clarity. In this tutorial, we’ll show you how to reduce video quality in Windows using different methods.
Method 1: Using Windows Movie Maker
Windows Movie Maker is a free video editing software that comes pre-installed on most Windows computers. It’s a simple tool that allows you to edit and export videos in various formats with different quality settings. Here’s how to use it:
- Open Windows Movie Maker from the Start menu or by searching for it in the search bar.
- Import the video file you want to reduce by clicking on “Add videos and photos” or dragging the file into the timeline.
- Select “Save movie” from the top menu and choose an export option that fits your needs. For example, if you want to share your video online, select “Recommended for this project” and choose a lower quality setting.
- Click on “Save” and wait for the export process to finish.
- Download and install Handbrake from their official website.
- Open Handbrake and select your video file by clicking on “Open Source” or dragging the file into the program window.
- Select an output format that fits your needs by clicking on “Presets” and choosing a preset or creating your own.
- Click on “Video” in the sidebar and adjust the quality settings by changing the bitrate, resolution, or encoder settings.
- Click on “Start Encode” and wait for the process to finish.
- Download and install VLC Media Player from their official website.
- Open VLC Media Player and select your video file by clicking on “Media” > “Convert/Save” or by pressing CTRL + R.
- Select an output format that fits your needs by clicking on “Profile” and choosing a preset or creating your own.
- Click on “Edit Selected Profile” to adjust the quality settings by changing the bitrate, resolution, or encoder settings.
- Click on “Save” to save your profile changes.
- Click on “Start” to begin the conversion process.
Method 2: Using Handbrake
Handbrake is a free open-source video converter that can be used on Windows, macOS, and Linux. It’s a powerful tool that can reduce video quality while keeping a high level of visual clarity. Here’s how to use it:
Method 3: Using VLC Media Player
VLC Media Player is a free multimedia player that can also be used to reduce video quality. It’s a versatile tool that supports various video formats and can be used on Windows, macOS, and Linux. Here’s how to use it:
The Bottom Line
Reducing video quality can help you save space on your hard drive or share videos online with ease. Whether you use Windows Movie Maker, Handbrake, or VLC Media Player, there are different ways to achieve this goal without sacrificing too much in terms of visual clarity. Experiment with different methods and find what works best for you.