If you’re someone who loves to capture and store videos on your device, you may have come across situations where the video file size is too large to share or upload. This can be a problem as many platforms have limitations on file size.
In such cases, reducing the size of the video without losing quality becomes crucial. Fortunately, VLC media player offers a simple solution to this problem.
What is VLC Media Player?
VLC media player is a free and open-source cross-platform multimedia player that plays most multimedia files including DVDs, Audio CDs, VCDs, and various streaming protocols. It is compatible with almost all operating systems including Windows, macOS, Linux, Android, and iOS. The software also offers various features like converting video formats, adding subtitles, and reducing the size of videos without losing quality.
How to Reduce Video Size Using VLC Media Player?
Follow these simple steps to reduce the size of your video using VLC media player:
Step 1: Open VLC Media Player
The first step is to open VLC media player on your device.
Step 2: Select the Video
In order to reduce the size of a video using VLC media player, you need to select the video file that you wish to compress. To do this:
- Click on “Media” from the menu bar at the top of your screen.
- Select “Convert/Save” from the drop-down menu.
- In the “Open Media” dialog box that appears, click on “Add” and select the video file that you want to compress.
- Click on “Convert/Save” once again.
Step 3: Choose Output Format
After selecting your video file in step 2 above, click on “Convert/Save” again to proceed to the next step. Here, you will need to choose the output format of your video.
- Select the output format from the drop-down menu under “Profile”.
- Click on the “Edit Selected Profile” button next to it.
- In the “Encapsulation” tab, select the appropriate container format for your video.
- Under “Video codec” tab, choose H.264 codec.
- Reduce the bit rate by dragging the slider towards left under “Video Codec” option.
Step 4: Save Compressed Video
Now that you’ve chosen your output format and made necessary adjustments, click on “Browse” to select a destination folder for your compressed video file.
Step 5: Start Compression
Once you’ve selected an output folder in step 4 above, click on “Start” to begin compressing your video.
The Bottom Line:
Reducing the size of a video without losing quality is easy with VLC media player. By following these simple steps, you can compress your videos and share them easily without compromising on quality. So go ahead and try it out today!