If you’re an iPhone user, it’s likely that you capture a lot of videos using your device. However, sometimes the video quality may be too high, leading to large file sizes and taking up precious space on your device or slowing down your internet connection when sharing online.
In such cases, reducing the video quality can come in handy. Here’s how to reduce the quality of a video on your iPhone:
One easy way to reduce the quality of a video on your iPhone is by using iMovie. Here are the steps:
- Open the iMovie app on your iPhone.
- Select the video clip that you want to reduce the quality of.
- Click on “Create Project” and select “Movie”.
- Drag and drop the selected video clip into the timeline at the bottom of the screen.
- Click on “Export” and select “Medium” or “Low” Quality option as per your requirement.
- Once done, click on “Save Video” to save it to your camera roll.
Using Third-Party Apps
There are several third-party apps available in App Store that can help you reduce video quality without losing too much detail. Some popular options include Video Compressor and Video Slimmer. Here are some steps:
- Download any one of these apps from App Store and install it on your iPhone.
- Select the video clip that you want to compress within this app.
- Select a compression level or quality setting as per your requirement.
- The app will start compressing the video once you hit ‘compress’ option for saving it in lower resolution format
- Once done, the video will be saved to your camera roll.
Reducing the quality of a video on your iPhone can be beneficial in many ways. It can save storage space on your device, reduce internet usage when sharing online, and even improve playback performance. By following the steps outlined above, you can easily reduce the quality of any video on your iPhone.