If you have an IP camera and want to record video from it to your computer, you’ll be glad to know that it’s not as difficult as you might think. In this tutorial, we’ll show you exactly how to do that.
Step 1: Connect Your IP Camera to Your Network
Before you can start recording video from your IP camera, you need to make sure that it’s connected to your network. To do that, follow these steps:
- Connect the camera to your router using an Ethernet cable.
- Connect the power supply to the camera and plug it in.
- Wait for the camera to connect to your network. You can check the camera’s status by logging into its web interface using a web browser.
Step 2: Install Recording Software on Your Computer
Once your IP camera is connected to your network, you need to install recording software on your computer. There are many options available online, but we recommend using Blue Iris or iSpy because they are easy to use and offer many features.
To install Blue Iris, follow these steps:
- Go to the Blue Iris website and download the software.
- Run the installer and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Once installed, open Blue Iris and click on “Add new camera”.
- Select “Network IP” as the camera type and enter the camera’s IP address and port number.
- Click on “Find/Inspect” and wait for Blue Iris to detect your camera.
- Enter a name for your camera and click “OK”.
To install iSpy, follow these steps:
- Go to the iSpy website and download the software.
- Once installed, open iSpy and click on “Add”.
- Select “IP Camera with Wizard” as the camera type and enter the camera’s IP address, port number, username, and password.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the setup.
Step 3: Configure Recording Settings
Once you have installed recording software on your computer, you need to configure its settings. Here’s how you can do that:
- Open Blue Iris or iSpy and select your camera from the list of cameras.
- Click on “Settings” and then “Record”.
- Select a folder where you want to save recorded videos.
- Select a recording schedule based on your needs. For example, you can choose to record only during certain times of the day or when motion is detected.
- Choose a recording mode. You can choose to record continuously or only when motion is detected.
Step 4: Start Recording Video from Your IP Camera
Now that you have configured your recording settings, it’s time to start recording video from your IP camera. To do that, simply click on “Record” in Blue Iris or iSpy.
Make sure that your computer is turned on and connected to your network at all times if you want to record video from your IP camera continuously.
Recording video from an IP camera to your computer is easy if you follow these simple steps. Whether you’re using Blue Iris or iSpy, make sure that you configure the recording settings based on your needs and start recording video from your IP camera today!