Have you ever captured a video on your phone, but realized that it’s facing the wrong direction? Maybe you were recording a friend’s dance moves, but ended up capturing your own reflection instead.
Whatever the reason may be, don’t fret! You can easily mirror the video in your camera roll using just a few simple steps.
Step 1: Download a Video Editing App
The first thing you need to do is download a video editing app on your phone. There are plenty of options available for both iOS and Android devices.
Some popular choices include iMovie, Adobe Premiere Rush, and InShot. Once you’ve downloaded and installed the app, open it up and import the video that you want to mirror.
Step 2: Mirror Your Video
Once your video is imported into the editing app, look for an option that says “flip” or “mirror”. This option may be located under a menu labeled “transform” or “effects”. Tap on this option to apply the mirror effect to your video.
- Tap on the video clip in your timeline
- Select “crop and rotate” from the menu that appears
- Toggle on the switch next to “flip horizontally”
Adobe Premiere Rush:
- Select your video clip in the timeline
- Tap on “effects” in the toolbar at the bottom of the screen
- Select “transform”
- Toggle on the switch next to “horizontal flip”
- Select your video clip from the main screen
- Tap on “edit” in the toolbar at the bottom of the screen
- Select “flip” from the menu that appears
- Toggle on the switch next to “horizontal”
Step 3: Save Your Mirrored Video
Once you’ve applied the mirror effect to your video, preview it to make sure that it looks the way you want it to. If everything looks good, save your mirrored video to your camera roll. You can then access the new video from your phone’s native photo app.
Mirroring a video may seem like a daunting task, especially if you’ve never edited a video before. However, with the help of a video editing app, it’s a quick and easy process.
Just remember to always save your original video before making any edits, in case you need to revert back to it later. Now go ahead and try mirroring your own videos – who knows, you might just discover a new perspective!