Are you facing problems with the video quality on OBS? OBS (Open Broadcaster Software) is a popular tool used to record and stream videos.
However, sometimes the video quality may not be up to the mark. In this article, we will guide you on how to fix video quality on OBS.
Check Your Video Settings
The first step to fix the video quality issue is to check your video settings on OBS. Follow these steps:
- Open OBS and click on ‘Settings’.
- Select ‘Output’ from the left-hand menu.
- Under ‘Recording’, select the preferred recording format. We recommend using MP4 as it is widely supported.
- Set the ‘Video Bitrate’ to a value between 2500-4000 kbps for 1080p resolution or 5000-8000 kbps for 4K resolution. This will ensure that your video has enough bandwidth for high-quality streaming.
Adjust Your Encoding Settings
If your video quality issue persists, try adjusting your encoding settings on OBS.
Optimize Your Internet Connection
If the above steps do not work, it is possible that your internet connection is not fast enough to support high-quality streaming. Follow these steps to optimize your internet connection:
- Close all unnecessary applications and browser tabs that may be hogging your bandwidth.
- Use a wired Ethernet connection instead of Wi-Fi as it provides a more stable and faster internet connection.
- Contact your internet service provider (ISP) and ask them to upgrade your internet plan or fix any issues with your current plan.
In conclusion, fixing video quality issues on OBS can be done by adjusting video and encoding settings, optimizing your internet connection, and ensuring that you have enough bandwidth for high-quality streaming. By following these steps, you should be able to enjoy smooth and high-quality streaming on OBS.