Are you facing issues with low-quality video on Facebook Messenger? Don’t worry, we have got you covered. In this article, we will guide you on how to fix Messenger video quality.
Why does Messenger video quality decrease?
Low-quality video on Messenger can be frustrating, especially when it hinders communication with your loved ones. Several factors can affect the quality of your video while using Messenger, including poor network connectivity, outdated app version, or insufficient processing power of your device.
How to fix low-quality videos on Messenger?
If you’re experiencing poor video quality during a call on Facebook Messenger, there are several ways to fix it. Follow the steps below:
1. Check Network Connectivity
The first step is to check your network connectivity. Low internet speed can cause blurry or choppy videos during calls.
Make sure that you have a stable internet connection and strong Wi-Fi signals by running a network speed test. If the results show low speed, then switch to a different network or contact your internet service provider.
2. Update App Version
An outdated app version can also lead to poor video quality in Messenger. Ensure that you have the latest version of the app installed on your device by visiting Google Play Store or App Store and checking for updates.
3. Close Background Apps
Running multiple apps in the background can affect the processing power of your device and cause low-quality videos in Messenger calls. Close all unnecessary apps before starting a call.
4. Clear Cache Data
Clearing cache data from the Facebook Messenger app can help improve its performance and resolve any issues related to low-quality videos during calls.
- To clear cache data on Android devices:
- Go to “Settings” and then “Apps & notifications. “
- Select “Messenger. “
- Click on “Storage & cache.
- Tap “Clear cache” and restart the app.
- To clear cache data on iOS devices:
- Open “Settings. “
- Select “General” and then “iPhone Storage. “
- Find Messenger from the list of apps and click on it.
- Tap on “Offload App” to delete the app without losing personal data or select “Delete App” to remove it entirely.
- During a call, tap on the video icon at the bottom of the screen.
- Select “Settings” which looks like a gear icon at the top right corner of your screen.
- You can now choose to set your video quality to either “Standard” or “Low.”
The Final Words
These are some of the ways that you can try to improve Messenger video quality. Remember, poor internet connectivity is one of the most common reasons for low-quality videos in Messenger calls. Therefore, make sure that you have a stable network connection and strong Wi-Fi signals before starting a call.
5. Adjust Video Quality Settings
Messenger allows you to adjust video quality settings during a call. If you’re experiencing low-quality videos, try changing video quality settings by following these steps: