Are you having trouble compressing a video in Discord without losing quality? It can be frustrating to have to sacrifice video quality just to fit the file size requirements for Discord. But don’t worry, there are ways to compress your video without compromising its quality.
Method 1: Use Handbrake
If you want to compress your video without losing quality, Handbrake is a great free tool that you can use. Here’s how:
- Download and install Handbrake on your computer.
- Open Handbrake and click “Open Source” to select the video you want to compress.
- Choose a preset that matches your desired output format and compression level.
- Select “Constant Quality” as the rate control method and adjust the slider until you achieve your desired file size.
- Click “Start” to begin the compression process.
- The lower the constant quality value, the higher the compression level.
- If possible, avoid upscaling or downscaling your video as this can negatively impact its quality.
Method 2: Use Discord’s Built-In Compression
If you prefer not to use an external tool, Discord has a built-in feature that allows you to compress videos without losing too much quality. Here’s how:
- Open Discord and go to User Settings > App Settings > Voice & Video.
- Scroll down until you see “Video Codec” and select “H.264”.
- Select a maximum resolution for your videos (e.g., 720p) and adjust the frame rate if necessary.
- Click “Save Changes” to apply the settings.
- The higher the resolution and frame rate, the larger the file size will be.
- If your video is still too large after applying these settings, consider using a third-party compression tool or trimming the video to reduce its length.
By following these methods, you can compress your videos in Discord without losing quality. Whether you choose to use Handbrake or Discord’s built-in compression feature, make sure to adjust the settings according to your desired output format and file size. With a little bit of tweaking, you can achieve great results without sacrificing video quality.