If you’re an iPad user, you may have noticed that sometimes YouTube videos don’t play smoothly or take a long time to load. This could be due to the quality of the video being too high for your internet connection. In this tutorial, we’ll show you how to change YouTube video quality on iPad so that you can enjoy smooth playback and faster loading times.
Step 1: Open the YouTube app on your iPad
The first step is to open the YouTube app on your iPad. You can find it on your home screen or in your app library.
Step 2: Find a video to watch
Once you’ve opened the app, find a video that you want to watch. You can either search for it using the search bar at the top of the screen or browse through your recommended videos.
Step 3: Tap on the three dots
When you’ve found a video, tap on it to start playing. While it’s playing, tap on the three dots in the upper right-hand corner of the screen. This will bring up a menu of options.
Step 4: Tap on Quality
In the menu, scroll down until you see an option called “Quality”. Tap on it to bring up a list of available video quality options.
- Auto: This will automatically adjust the quality based on your internet connection speed.
- 144p: This is low-quality video and should only be used if you have a very slow internet connection.
- 240p: This is slightly higher quality than 144p and is suitable for slower internet connections.
- 360p: This is medium-quality video and should work fine for most internet connections.
- 480p: This is higher quality video and is suitable for faster internet connections.
- 720p: This is high-definition video and requires a fast internet connection to play smoothly.
- 1080p: This is the highest quality video and requires a very fast internet connection to play smoothly.
Step 5: Select a quality option
Select the quality option that you want to use by tapping on it. You can always go back and change it later if you’re not happy with the playback.
Step 6: Enjoy your video!
Now that you’ve selected a quality option, enjoy your video! You should notice that it plays more smoothly and loads faster than before.
- If you’re experiencing buffering or slow playback, try lowering the quality of the video.
- If you have a fast internet connection, try selecting a higher quality option for better viewing experience.
- You can also adjust the playback speed of the video using the same menu as above.
Changing YouTube video quality on iPad is simple once you know where to look. By following these steps, you’ll be able to enjoy your favorite videos without any hiccups.