Are you experiencing buffering or low-quality video streams while watching your favorite content on Twitch? Well, don’t worry!
Twitch allows you to change the video quality of your streams easily. In this article, we will guide you on how to change video quality on Twitch.
What is Video Quality on Twitch?
Video quality refers to the resolution and bitrate of the stream. The resolution determines the number of pixels that make up an image, whereas the bitrate determines the amount of data transmitted per second. Higher resolution and bitrate result in better picture quality but require a faster internet connection.
Why Change Video Quality?
Changing video quality can significantly impact your viewing experience. If you have a slow internet connection or limited data plan, lowering the video quality can help reduce buffering and prevent data overage charges. On the other hand, if you have a fast internet connection and want to enjoy high-quality streams, increasing the video quality will enhance your viewing experience.
How to Change Video Quality
Changing video quality on Twitch is straightforward and can be done in just a few clicks. Here’s how:
- Step 1: Open any stream on Twitch that you want to watch.
- Step 2: Click on the gear icon located at the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Step 3: Select “Quality” from the menu.
- Step 4: Choose from various options like Auto, Source, High, Medium or Low depending upon your preference and internet speed.
- The “Auto” option automatically adjusts the stream’s quality based on your internet speed.
- The “Source” option provides the highest quality but requires a fast internet connection.
- If you are experiencing buffering, try reducing the video quality to “Medium” or “Low.”
We hope this article has helped you learn how to change video quality on Twitch. By adjusting the video quality, you can enhance your viewing experience and reduce buffering issues.
Remember to choose the appropriate video quality based on your internet speed and data plan. Happy streaming!