If you’re having trouble with your PC video camera, you’ll likely want to test it to see if it’s functioning correctly. There are a few different ways you can do this, depending on your operating system and the software you use. In this article, we’ll take a look at some of the most common methods for testing PC video cameras.
Using Built-In Windows Camera App
If you’re running Windows 10 on your PC, there’s a good chance that you already have a built-in camera app that you can use to test your camera. Here’s how to access it:
- Click on the Start menu and search for “Camera.”
- Click on “Camera” in the search results.
- The Camera app will open, and you should be able to see yourself in the preview window.
- If your camera is working correctly, you should be able to take photos and record videos using the app.
Another way to test your PC video camera is by using Skype. Skype is a popular communication app that allows users to make voice and video calls. Here’s how to test your camera using Skype:
- Open Skype and sign in (or create an account if you haven’t already).
- In the main window, click on “Tools” > “Options. “
- In the options window, click on “Video settings.
- You should now see yourself in the preview window. If not, click on “Webcam settings” and make sure that your camera is selected as the default device.
- If your camera is working correctly, you should be able to see yourself in the preview window and make a test call to ensure everything is working as expected.
Using Online Camera Testing Tools
If you don’t have access to the Windows Camera app or Skype, you can also use online camera testing tools to test your PC video camera. Here are a few popular options:
These tools work by accessing your camera through your browser and displaying the video feed on the page. You should be able to see yourself in the preview window and make adjustments as needed.
Testing your PC video camera is an important step in troubleshooting any issues you may be experiencing. Whether you’re using the built-in Windows Camera app, Skype, or an online testing tool, there are several easy ways to check if your camera is working correctly. With these methods, you’ll be able to quickly identify any issues and get back to making video calls and taking photos in no time!