Do you find yourself struggling with uploading your videos on social media platforms or sharing them through messaging apps due to large file sizes? If yes, then you are not alone.
With the rise of high-quality video recording and editing tools, it has become common for videos to have larger file sizes. However, these larger file sizes can create problems when trying to share or upload them.
Fortunately, there are ways to reduce the MB of a video without losing quality in Android. In this tutorial, we will discuss some effective methods that can help you reduce the size of your videos without compromising their quality.
Method 1: Compressing Videos
One of the most common and effective methods to reduce the size of a video is by compressing it. You can use various third-party apps available on Google Play Store such as Video Compressor, VidCompact, and Video Dieter 2 to compress your videos.
Follow these simple steps to compress your videos using Video Compressor:
- Download and install Video Compressor from Google Play Store.
- Launch the app and select the video you want to compress.
- Select the compression percentage according to your preference.
- Click on ‘Compress’ button located at the bottom right corner of your screen.
- Wait for the app to compress your video. Once done, click on ‘Share’ button and select where you want to share it.
Note: Compression percentage determines how much smaller you want your video file size to be. However, keep in mind that higher compression percentages may result in loss of quality.
Method 2: Changing Video Resolution
Another effective method is by changing the resolution of your video. The higher the resolution, the larger will be its file size. Therefore, lowering down its resolution can significantly reduce its size without losing much quality.
Follow these simple steps to change the resolution of your videos using Video Resizer:
- Download and install Video Resizer from Google Play Store.
- Launch the app and select the video you want to resize.
- Select the desired resolution from the given options. You can also manually set a custom resolution.
- Click on ‘Resize’ button located at the bottom right corner of your screen.
- Wait for the app to resize your video.
Note: Lowering down the resolution too much may result in loss of quality. Therefore, try to find a balance between file size reduction and quality.
Method 3: Trimming Videos
If your video contains unnecessary footage that you don’t need, then trimming it can significantly reduce its size without losing any quality. You can use various third-party apps available on Google Play Store such as VidTrim, InShot, and AndroVid to trim your videos.
Follow these simple steps to trim your videos using VidTrim:
- Download and install VidTrim from Google Play Store.
- Launch the app and select the video you want to trim.
- Select ‘Trim’ option located at the bottom left corner of your screen.
- Select the part of the video that you want to keep by dragging the sliders at both ends of your video timeline.
- Click on ‘Save’ button located at the top right corner of your screen.
Note: Trimming videos will not result in any loss of quality.
In conclusion, reducing MB of a video without losing quality is possible by using various techniques such as compressing videos, changing their resolution, and trimming them. However, keep in mind that these techniques may result in a slight loss of quality at higher compression percentages and lower resolutions. Therefore, try to find a balance between file size reduction and quality that suits your needs.