Do you have an MP4 video that you need to change the quality of? Maybe it’s too big and you need to reduce the file size, or maybe it’s too low quality and you want to enhance it.
Whatever the reason may be, there are a few ways to change the quality of an MP4 video. In this tutorial, we’ll explore some of these methods.
Method 1: Using Video Editing Software
One way to change the quality of an MP4 video is by using video editing software. There are many options available, both free and paid. Popular options include Adobe Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro, and iMovie.
Once you have your chosen software installed, import your MP4 video into the project. From there, you can adjust the quality settings as needed. This may involve changing the video resolution, bitrate, or codec.
- Gives precise control over the output quality.
- Allows for other editing tasks such as trimming and adding effects.
- Requires some technical knowledge.
- Can be time-consuming if you’re not familiar with the software.
Method 2: Using Online Video Converters
Another option for changing the quality of an MP4 video is by using online video converters. These tools allow you to upload your file to their website and select various output settings such as resolution and bitrate.
Popular online converters include CloudConvert, Online-Convert.com, and Zamzar.
- No software installation required.
- User-friendly interface.
- Limited control over the output quality.
- May have file size limitations.
Method 3: Using VLC Media Player
VLC Media Player is a popular free media player that also has video conversion capabilities. To change the quality of an MP4 video using VLC, follow these steps:
- Open VLC Media Player and go to “Media” > “Convert/Save”.
- Click on the “Add” button and select your MP4 video.
- Click on the “Convert/Save” button.
- Choose your desired output format and quality settings.
- Click on the “Start” button to begin the conversion process.
- No additional software installation required.
- May not support certain file formats or codecs.
Changing the quality of an MP4 video can be done in various ways, depending on your needs and technical expertise. Whether you choose to use video editing software, online converters, or VLC Media Player, make sure to select the appropriate settings for your desired output quality.