If you are someone who’s interested in video editing, then you might have come across the question – Does Microsoft Do Video Editing? Well, the answer is yes. Microsoft offers a video editing software called Windows Movie Maker.
What is Windows Movie Maker?
Windows Movie Maker is a free video editing software developed by Microsoft for Windows operating system. It was first released in 2000 as a part of the Windows Essentials software suite. The software allows users to create and edit videos by combining photos, clips, music, and other elements to produce a final video file.
Features of Windows Movie Maker
Windows Movie Maker is designed to be user-friendly and easy to use for beginners. Some of the key features of the software are:
1. Importing Media: You can import media files like photos, videos, and audio files into the software library.
2. Adding Effects: You can add various effects like transitions, filters, titles, and credits to your video.
3. Audio Editing: You can adjust the volume levels of your audio tracks or mute them altogether.
4. Video Editing: You can trim your footage to remove unwanted parts or split it into multiple clips.
5. Sharing: Once you’ve finished editing your video, you can export it in various formats like WMV or MP4 or upload it directly to social media platforms like YouTube.
Limitations of Windows Movie Maker
While Windows Movie Maker is a great tool for beginners who want to create basic videos quickly and easily, it does have some limitations:
1. Limited Features: Compared to professional video editing softwares like Adobe Premiere Pro or Final Cut Pro X, Windows Movie Maker has limited features and functionalities.
2. Compatibility Issues: Windows Movie Maker is only available for Windows operating systems. It’s not compatible with Mac or Linux.
3. No Longer Supported: Microsoft officially discontinued support for Windows Movie Maker in 2017. This means that the software is no longer receiving updates or bug fixes.
To sum up, yes, Microsoft does offer a video editing software called Windows Movie Maker. It’s a great tool for beginners who want to create basic videos quickly and easily.
However, it does have some limitations compared to professional video editing softwares. If you’re serious about video editing, then you might want to consider investing in a more advanced software like Adobe Premiere Pro or Final Cut Pro X.